Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lamberts of Panfield... or Canfield?

I was looking for some of my Lambert ancestors, and I came across this post on RootsChat.com.  I do believe that this is my Steele Lambert.  What's interesting is that the exchange later talks about the Lamberts living at Canfield in Essex... whereas I have been told that the family lived at Panfield (specifically, they farmed the land around Panfield Hall).  The two places don't seem to be that far apart, but it still makes me wonder: which one is right?

Steele Lambert was the son of Jeffery and Martha.  Nobody in the RootsChat thread seemed to know the maiden name of Martha, though I have it in my records as Steele (which makes sense).  I haven't been able to find any birth/baptism records for a Martha Steele in that area, though.

I don't have an account on RootsChat, so I can't contribute to the conversation at the moment.  But if anyone researching the Lambert family (or the connected Willsher family) in this area of Essex has any more information, please feel free to leave a comment.

0 comments: